I’ll admit that sausage, broccoli and onion sounds like a weird combination. It was originally supposed to be with asparagus instead of broccoli, but it didn’t work out that way. It was still a great quiche. The beauty of quiche is that you can put just about anything you have in it. I suggest at least one veggie and one meat.
Not convinced by my weird intro? The weird combination of sausage and broccoli? The key here is the awesome egg and heavy cream mixture I put in. It’s light and rich at the same time. I didn’t think I would use (or fit) all 6 eggs in my 9″ tart pan, but it was just right.
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetables (I used broccoli and about 1/4 cup of chopped onion)
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch pie plate
Preheat oven to 375F.
Put pie crust in pie pan. It’s a week night, so I didn’t make my own crust. Totally up to you!
Whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper.