Oh my. This is such a scrumptious pasta dish. It has chicken, veggies, and a great cajun kick. The great part is that it can be cooked in one skillet start-to-finish.
- 3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Spice Mix, More To Taste (I used Penzy’s)
- 1 pound Fettuccine
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
- 1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded and Sliced
- ½ whole Large Red Onion, Sliced
- 3 whole Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cups White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Cook Fettuccine noodles per package directions.
Cube chicken and sprinkle with half of Cajun seasoning.
Fry in 1 T. oil and 1 T. butter on medium- high heat. I did mine in two batches so I would not crowd the pan.
Slice peppers and onion- look at all of that color! 🙂
And place in the same pan the chicken was in with another 1 T. of oil and 1 T. of butter. Add the remaining Cajun seasoning. Stir quickly, for about 2 minutes, until vegetables start to become tender.
Add chopped tomatoes for about 1 minute- don’t let them get mushy!
Remove veggies from pan and set aside with the chicken. Now, deglaze the pan with wine. Add chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to cook for 5 minutes and thicken. Add chicken.
And combine veggies, chicken, sauce, and pasta in a large serving bowl.
Serve with breadsticks and your favorite glass of white wine. Or the stuff you just cooked with. 🙂